To help inform you on the ideas and platforms of candidates running in the Oct. 21 federal election to be the next Member of Parliament for Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound, Bayshore Broadcasting News reached out to the six people vying for office and presented them a series of questions.
You can access the answers provided by each candidate by clicking on his or her name below.
Here are the questions we asked:
1) Yes or no: Do you support a carbon tax as a method to address climate change? Why or why not?
2) Yes or no: Do you support stricter gun controls? If so, what do you propose? If not, why?
3) What is your plan to combat the opioid crisis affecting communities in Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound?
4) What is your plan to help retain and attract jobs and industry to Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound?
5) What is one issue you view of the utmost importance to the people of Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound? Will you vow to take immediate action on it if elected?
6) What is one policy of your party you want to highlight that you feel will help enrich the lives of your constituents, friends and neighbours in Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound?
Additionally, federal candidates took part in an on-air debate and covered topics such as taxes/affordability, housing affordability, healthcare/pharmacare and doctor shortages and the overall economy.