Standard Contest Rules
Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
Standard Contest Rules
Revised July 2019
Unless otherwise stated, these rules and regulations govern all contests conducted by any of Bayshore Broadcasting’s radio stations. Those stations include 560 CFOS, Mix 106.5, and Country 93 in Owen Sound, 98 The Beach in Saugeen Shores, Country 104.9 in Goderich, 97.7 Max FM in Collingwood/Wasaga Beach, 89.1 Max FM in Orillia, Country 105 in Shelburne, and Country 102 in Bracebridge/Gravenhurst (subject to branding changes from time to time). They are collectively known as “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations” in the rules below.
- No purchase is required for any contest played on any “Bayshore Broadcasting radio station.”
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable. There is no cash surrender value for the prizes. Neither Bayshore Broadcasting nor its radio stations are responsible for making alternative arrangements in the event that a winner is unable to accept or use a prize in any way.
- All prizes will be available for pickup at the studio location of the “Bayshore Broadcasting radio station” on which the contest was held, unless otherwise stated. (See the “Contact” page of each station’s website for address and business hours). Winners have 30 days from the day they won their prize to pick it up, and prizes must be picked up during business hours. Prizes will not be mailed or delivered to winners unless otherwise stated.
- No one contest may be won more than once in a 30-day period, and may be only won by one person per household in a 30-day period, unless otherwise stated.
- Unless otherwise stated, contests are open to all residents of the Province of Ontario who are within the listening range of the “Bayshore Broadcasting radio station” (or stations) conducting the contest. Employees of Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation, and participating sponsors, spouses, parents, children, siblings, and any person living in the same residence with them are not eligible to be prize-winners.
- Each participant in the contest, including all eligible contestants and winners acknowledge that “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations” have the right to reproduce, publicize, and broadcast his/her name, likeness, voice, and video recordings, and the fact that he/she won the contest and all matters incidental thereto, without compensation.
- By entering a “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations” contest, participants also agree to give “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations” the right to use their name in marketing campaigns, e-mail mailing lists, and research projects not necessarily associated with the contest.
- By participating in “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations” contests, the entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and the specific rules of the contest. In the event of any disagreement as to whether a person is an eligible entrant or winner, or as to the qualification of any winner, or as to the adequacy of the prize, the decision of the contest judges shall be final.
- Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation, and/or participating sponsors which operate contests on any “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations,” any company related to them, or any director, officer, employee, servant or agent of any of them shall have no liability whatsoever arising howsoever, out of the conduct of the contest or the awarding of ownership of the prize including, without limitation, the failure of the prize to conform to the description thereof in the contest, or loss or damage to property of or to anyone arising out of the ownership and use of the prize.
- Contest rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law or policy of Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation, or any other entity having jurisdiction over Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation. All contests on “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations” are subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws.
- Winners may be required to present photo identification (i.e. health card or drivers license) when picking up a prize before being declared a winner. In some cases, winners may appoint an alternative person to pick up a prize by contacting the station beforehand.
- Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of people listening to “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations” at the time of the contest execution.
- Bayshore Broadcasting may amend or terminate any of its contests or any portion thereof at its discretion without advanced notice.
- Specific contests may have additional rules and regulations that apply in addition to, or potentially in lieu of, those in this list. Any such additional rules will be posted along with contest details on the specific website of whichever “Bayshore Broadcasting radio station” is running the contest, and will also be available free of charge from that station’s studio location during business hours.
Copies of these rules are available free of charge from the studios/offices of “Bayshore Broadcasting radio stations.” (See the “Contact” page of each station’s website for address and business hours).
Bayshore Broadcasting is a member of the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council (CBSC), and is committed to the standard of excellence described in the CBSC’s broadcaster codes. Among them is the CBSC’s Code of Ethics, which includes the following clause about Contests and Promotions: “All on-air contests and promotions shall be conceived and conducted fairly and legitimately and particular care shall be taken to ensure that they are not misleading, potentially dangerous or likely to give rise to a public inconvenience or disturbance and that any prizes offered or promises made are what they are represented to be.” Bayshore Broadcasting always seeks to abide by this clause. (source: https://www.cbsc.ca/codes/cab-code-of-ethics/, retrieved July 2019)