Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
News Centre

News Centre

Monday, March 20, 2017

UPDATE: Carbon Monoxide at Grand Valley Arena

Grand Valley | by Jill Young  

Grand Valley and District Community Centre closed down Sunday due to carbon monoxide.

Specialists are on scene at the Grand Valley and District Community Centre today assessing what could have caused a carbon monoxide leak Sunday.

The facility is being examined in respect to the fuel burning appliances, and also the zamboni.

Dufferin County Emergency Management Coordinator Steve Murphy says EMS crews took 13 people to hospital.

An off duty paramedic playing hockey was the one who sounded the alarm after noticing the similar symptoms being experienced by people in the arena at the time.

He believed the symptoms were consistent with carbon monoxide exposure.

The community centre will remain closed today for the inspection and could reopen Tuesday.

Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2018 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc