Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
News Centre
News Centre

News Centre


Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Refugees Sent to Hospital

Owen Sound | by Matt Villeneuve  

Family of five sent to hospital as a precaution after smoke filled apartment.

Photo by Matt Sanderson.  

A frightening situation for a refugee family in Owen Sound.

The City's fire department tells Bayshore Broadcasting News five people were sent to hospital on Tuesday as a precaution after a kitchen mishap.

Firefighters and Grey County EMS arrived on-scene at the Ryerson Apartment building along 5th Avenue East near the 8th Street East Hill at about 10 AM.

Emergency personnel say a stove-top pot had boiled and smoldered while french fries were being cooked, filling the apartment with smoke -- but there wasn't an actual fire to extinguish.

Via Twitter, @GreyParamedics said "5 patients transported. Paramedics clear scene."


Again, the refugee family was sent to hospital as a precaution.

 


Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2016 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc