Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
News Centre

News Centre


Thursday, June 11, 2015

Smart Meter Not Cause of Fire

Collingwood | by Mariane McLeod  

ESA says fire at Collingwood home started somewhere else, not smart meter.

It wasn't the Smart Meter that caused a fire at a home in Collingwood last month.

The Electrical Safety Authority says it has ruled out the meter itself as the source of the blaze, but says it's still trying to figure out what did cause the fire at that home on Beech Street May 31st.

In a news release, the ESA says it is clear from the pattern of the fire and damage done at the home, that the fire originated outside the electrical meter.

There have been questions raised about smart meters after a series of fires in Saskatchewan, and some smart meters have been recalled.

However, the model in the fire in Collingwood was not connected to either of those cases.

 


share this story



Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2019 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc