The luck of the Irish didn't help the Owen Sound Attack close out their regular season on a positive note.
Garret Sparks made 32 saves, earning the game's first star, as the Guelph Storm defeated the host Owen Sound Attack 3-1 on Saturday night in Ontario Hockey League action.
Justin Auger, Zack Mitchell and Jason Dickinson each scored for the Storm (31-31-6), who clinched the seventh seed in the Western Conference.
Keevin Cutting scored the lone goal for the Attack (32-29-7), who have the sixth seed in the West but are losers of their past four contests.
Scott Stajcer turned away 39 shots in a losing effort.
Guelph went 1 for 4 on the power play while Owen Sound failed to score on seven opportunities with the man advantage.
OHL Announces First Round Schedule for 2012 Playoffs
Eastern Conference Standings:
1. Niagara IceDogs: 95 points (46-18-0-3) with 1 game remaining (at MISS) Have clinched Eastern Conference and will host Oshawa Generals.
2. Ottawa 67s: 88 points (40-19-5-3) with 1 game remaining (at BRAM) Have clinched East Division title and will host the Belleville Bulls.
3. Barrie Colts: 85 points (40-23-3-2) Have clinched the third seed and will host the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors.
4. Brampton Battalion: 80 points (35-22-3-7) with 1 game remaining (OTT) Have clinched fourth seed and will host the Sudbury Wolves.
5. Sudbury Wolves: 76 points (35-26-4-2) with 1 game remaining (at KGN) Have clinched fifth seed and will play the Brampton Battalion.
6. Mississauga St. Michaels Majors: 73 points (33-27-1-6) with 1 game remaining (NIAG) Have clinched sixth seed and will play the Barrie Colts.
7. Belleville Bulls: 71 points (35-32-1-0) Have clinched seventh seed and will play the Ottawa 67's.
8. Oshawa Generals: 69 points (31-29-4-3) with 1 game remaining (PBO) Have clinched eighth seed and will play the Niagara IceDogs (Belleville Bulls would be seventh seed if teams tied in points by nature of having more victories than the Generals.
Western Conference Standings:
1. London Knights: 99 points (49-18-0-1) Have clinched Hamilton Spectator Trophy and will host the Windsor Spitfires.
2. Plymouth Whalers: 97 points (47-18-2-1) Have clinched West Division title and will host the Guelph Storm.
3. Kitchener Rangers: 86 points (42-23-1-1) with 1 game remaining (at SSM) Have clinched the third seed and will host the Owen Sound Attack.
4. Sarnia Sting: 75 points (34-27-2-5) Have clinched fourth seed and will host the Saginaw Spirit.
5. Saginaw Spirit: 74 points (33-27-1-7) Have clinched fifth seed and will play the Sarnia Sting.
6. Owen Sound Attack: 71 points (32-28-3-4) with 1 game remaining (GUE) Have clinched sixth seed and will play the Kitchener Rangers.
7. Guelph Storm: 68 points (31-31-2-4) Have clinched seventh seed and will play the Plymouth Whalers.
8. Windsor Spitfires: 65 points (29-32-5-2) Have clinched the eighth seed and will play the London Knights.
KITCHENER vs. OWEN SOUND
Fri., March 23 at Kitchener 7:30
Sat., March 24 at Owen Sound 7:30
Mon., March 26 at Kitchener 7:00
Wed., March 28 at Owen Sound 7:00
Fri., March 30 at Kitchener 7:30
Sat., March 31 at Owen Sound 7:30
Mon., April 2 at Kitchener 7:00