No one was injured in a house fire in Owen Sound Wednesday.
City police say emergency services were called to the east side residence at about three in the afternoon.
Neighbours first reported seeing smoke and after only a few minutes, the entire back of the home was engulfed in flames.
Police say a quick acting neighbour realized the owners were not home and managed to open the front door, and get the family's dog which was still inside.
Owen Sound firefighters put out the blaze.
Police say the home sustained heavy damage and a neighbouring house had damage to its siding because of the extreme heat and flames.
Police say the fire is under investigation by the Owen Sound Fire Department.