The Town of New Tecumseth is further extending closures of more of their facillities.
Town officials say following the guidance and directives from the Province and local health officials, the Town will be extending the closure of all Town of New Tecumseth libraries, Administration Centre (including the Building Department) and the Joint Operations Centre – until at least May 31.
Recreation centres, arenas, museums, all outdoor recreation amenities like playgrounds and sports fields and courts, as well as off-leash dog parks, and park equipment and shelters – will also stay closed.
The Town is continuing to work closely with the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit, the County of Simcoe and other community partners to monitor the situation.
Should Provincial orders and health directives and restrictions change in the coming months, booking postponements will be revisited.
• All bookings for sports fields including ball diamonds, soccer pitches, tennis courts and basketball courts will be cancelled until September 7, 2020.
• All bookings and rentals for indoor room, hall, fieldhouse and ice surface area will be cancelled until September 7, 2020.
• Town-organized events - such as Canada Day celebrations and the Charity Rodeo - are cancelled.
• Community-led and/or organized events scheduled to be held at any of the Town’s outdoor spaces will be cancelled until September 7, 2020.
• Town run summer day camps will not be planned for the season, however, may be organized at a later date.
• The Tottenham Conservation Area will be closed to campers/users/events for the 2020 season.
• The outdoor Rotary Pool will remain closed for the 2020 season.
• Trails and other open green spaces remain available for residents to use responsibly and while practicing safe physical distancing and all health-related directives. Users of open spaces and trails are asked to park vehicles in designated places, being respectful and cautious to not block roadways and/or private property.
The Town’s most critical services will continue. During the extended closures, our Customer Service team continues to be available to answer your calls and emails. For general inquiries, please call the Town of New Tecumseth at 705-435-3900 or 905-729-0057 or email email@example.com
Please visit the Town’s website and subscribe to receive updates at www.newtecumseth.ca/COVID19.