For more details, please click on the title/municipality below.
Effective 4:30 p.m. on March 17, 2020, the following services and facilities are being closed to the public until further notice:
- Simcoe County Library Co-operative
- Simcoe County Archives
- Simcoe County Museum
- Tourism Simcoe County Information Kiosk
- County Administration Centre – including the Service Simcoe Desk (phone lines remain open)
- County of Simcoe Landfills and Transfer Stations – closed to the public.
- All County events/gatherings, including in-person Council and Committees are cancelled for March into April
- All County Council and Committee meetings have been cancelled for the month of March into April
- All County events offered to the public are being cancelled until the end of April.
- The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka has closed all YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatics Centres in Simcoe, Muskoka and Parry Sound effective immediately, until Monday, April 6, 2020.
- All 7 Georgian College campuses will have no in-person classes until further notice.
Further to the changes already announced by the City, effective noon today (Tuesday, March 17), the following City Facilities are closed to the public until further notice:
• Barrie City Hall (70 Collier St.)
• Provincial Offences Act Offices (45 Cedar Pointe Drive and 575 West St. in Orillia).
• Operations Centre (165 Ferndale Dr. N.)
• Landfill and Environmental Centre (272 Ferndale Dr. N.) Curbside Collection is occurring as scheduled. The contractor will continue to have access to the landfill.
• Surface Water Treatment Plant (20 Royal Parkside Dr.)
• Wastewater Treatment Facility (249 Bradford St.)
The following service changes are also in effect:
- All registered programs/camps planned for March Break are cancelled.
- All City recreation facilities, community centres, and arenas are closed until further notice. Please contact your neighbourhood recreation facility for any refunds.
- Sadlon Arena is closed until further notice. Please call the Allandale Recreation Centre at (705) 728-5141 for further information.
- City theatres are closed until further notice. Please contact the Box Office at 705-739-4228 or email@example.com for ticket refunds.
- Barrie Public Library branches are closed until further notice.
- City Ward meetings and planning meetings are cancelled until further notice.
- Council Advisory Committee meetings are cancelled until further notice.
- General Committee and Council meetings will continue but will be closed to the public. Residents are encouraged to watch or stream the meetings on Rogers TV. The next meeting is March 23.
- Barrie Transit is operating as usual. City Hall and Service Barrie remain open Monday–Friday, 8:30am–4:30pm.
- Effective March 19, 2020 the City is closing its Waste Diversion Site, 100 Kitchener St., to public access. The City’s curbside garbage, recycling and green bin collection programs will continue with no current restrictions (garbage tags are still required). If you have any questions, please call the Waste Diversion Site at 705-325-3522.
- The City of Orillia Chief Administrative Officer, Gayle Jackson, is now self-isolating in light of evolving information and due to the fact that she has a family member returning from the United Kingdom.
- Three staff including the CAO who arrived over the weekend are also self isolating. As of March 16, any staff member returning from travel abroad is required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- The City of Orillia will be closing its municipal facilities to public access effective immediately with the exception of entry to City Centre tenant locations.
- Critical City services, such as water, wastewater, road maintenance, waste collection and fire service, will continue and City employees will deliver other services by phone, email, mail and online where possible.
- All large events or public gatherings of 250 people or more within City facilities will be cancelled until April 30, 2020.
- It will be implementing the following self-screening tool at the entrance of all City facilities.
- The Orillia City Centre remains open to the public.
- The Waste Diversion Site will remain open, and weekly waste collection will continue as regularly scheduled.
- The Municipal Operations Centre will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The Wastewater Treatment Centre will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The Orillia Public Library and the Orillia Farmers' Market will close effective March 15, 2020 until further notice.
- The Orillia Youth Centre will close effective March 15, 2020 until further notice.
- March Break camps are cancelled.
- All Recreation Programs are suspended until further notice.
- The Township will be suspending the operation of Township facilities (arena & community halls) and recreation programs, including March Break day camp until further notice.
- The North Simcoe Sports & Recreation Centre will be closed effective at midnight on Friday, March 13 for three weeks.
- Midland-Penetanguishene Transit Service will remain in service.
- Midland Town Hall will remain open.
- The King Street Rejuvenation Phase 2 Pre-Construction Open House scheduled for Thursday, March 19 has been postponed until further notice.
- Essential services such as Policing, Fire Services and Water/Wastewater Services will not be interrupted.
- Midland Public Library is closed as of 6 p.m. on Friday, March 13 until at least April 6.
- Askennonia Seniors Centre is closed until at least April 6.
- Boys & Girls Club of North Simcoe is closed from March 14th until at least April 3, with all March Break Camps cancelled.
- Closures: Eddie Bush Memorial Arena, Central Park Arena, Collingwood Museum, Centennial Aquatic Centre, and the Simcoe Street Theatre are closed until March 31. Also closed: Blue Mountain Resort ski operations (BM Village remains open), Craigleith Ski Club (as of 3:30pm March 15th), Collingwood Leisure Time Club, Gayety Theatre (until April 5), Collingwood Curling Club and Skating Club carnival (postponed).
- Collingwood Public Library closed until Sunday, April 5.
- Council and Committees of Council Meetings are postponed until April 20, unless there is an identified need to meet per the Town’s Administrative By-law. Other committees and advisory boards’ meetings are postponed. The Town is exploring electronic meeting opportunities and recent provincial changes may support this.
- Town Hall Facility & in-person Customer Service Desks are closed until further notice. The Town will continue to offer services online and over the phone (705-445-1030).
- Collingwood General & Marine hospital is not allowing visitors
- Long term care homes are not allowing any non-essential visitors
Effective Friday, March 20, Collingwood and Blue Mountains Transit passengers are asked to board and exit buses using the back doors. Passengers with accessibility needs can continue to use the front doors for boarding and exiting, but are asked to limit their interactions and maintain physical separation from bus operators.
Collingwood Transit will not be accepting cash fares or paper transfers from passengers boarding at the back of the bus, and passengers will not be required to tap their transit passes at this time.
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, Collingwood Transit will be operating its Sunday Schedule 7 days of the week.
Wasaga Distribution is closing its front office to the public.
Town Hall will be closed to the public from March 17 to April 6.
As a result, facilities such as the recplex, library, arena, youth centre/senior active living centre, are closed and all programs have halted.
Moving into March Break the Town of Wasaga Beach is cancelling the following programs:
- All Seniors Active Living Centre Programs (Until further notice)
- Kids Fun Zone, RecPlex, March 16 and 17
- Wasaga Stars Arena Canteen Services
- Indoor Pickleball at the RecPlex (Until further notice)
- Adult Co-Ed Volleyball Tournament (March 22)
- Friday Youth Night at the YMCA (Until further notice)
- Youth Centre Georgian Bowl Out Trip (Saturday, March 21)
Clearview Township has closed town hall.
Clearview Township is suspending all non-essential municipal operations effective immediately.
Facilities in Clearview Township such as the libraries, arenas, youth centre, and the seven Small Halls, are closed and all programs and rentals have been suspended.
Town of the Blue Mountains
The Town of The Blue Mountains has closed all municipal facilities, effective immediately until April 17, 2020. Facility closures include: Town Hall, The Blue Mountains Public Library, Beaver Valley Community Centre, Craigleith Community Centre and Ravenna Hall.
In addition, all Committee of the Whole, Council Meetings and Committee of Council and Board meetings have been cancelled until April 17, 2020, with the exception of the Monday, March 30, 2020, Special Meeting of Council to address the 2020 budget.
- All Tay Township recreation facilities are closed and all recreation programs and facility rentals cancelled until further notice.
- The Tay Township Public Library is closed until further notice.
- The Tay Township municipal office currently remains open.
- Committees of Council Meetings cancelled until further notice.
- Community Centres & Rentals (Lafontaine, Tiny Township & Wyebridge Closed)-All programming and rentals are cancelled until further notice.
- Council meetings proceeding as scheduled.
- March Break Day Camp cancelled.
- All Recreation Programs (including fitness, seniors and youth) cancelled until further notice.
- Seniors’ Club Open House at Le Club de l’Age d’Or (March 18, 2020) postponed.
- Senior Symposium (April 1, 2020) postponed.
- Penetanguishene Memorial Community Centre & Arena Closed – All programming and rentals are cancelled.
- Penetanguishene Library Closed – All programming and rentals are cancelled
- Penetanguishene Centennial Museum Closed – All programming and rentals are cancelled
- Townhall Administration Centre Open
- March Break Camps Cancelled. Full refunds will be issued.
- Fitness Programs Cancelled.
- Council Meetings proceeding as scheduled.
- Elmvale Arena Closed – All programming and rentals are cancelled
- Community Halls / Community Hall Rentals Closed – All programming and rentals are cancelled
- Springwater Library Closed – All programming and rentals are cancelled
- Township Administration Centre Open
- March Break Camps Cancelled
- Fitness Programs Cancelled
- Backyard Chickens Public Meeting March 30-Postponed
- Capital Plan Open House April 8- Cancelled.
- Skilled Trades Expo May 14-Cancelled.
- Council Meetings proceeding as scheduled.
- Advisory Committees of Council: Cancelled.
The Township has made the difficult decision to close all of its buildings to the public on Monday, March 16th, 2020.
This affects the following locations:
- 1. Administration Centre
- 2. Ramara Centre
- 3. Ramara Library – Brechin Location
- 4. Ramara Fire Halls
- 5. Udney Community Centre
- 6. Longford Community Centre
This results in the following cancellations:
- All March and April meeting room bookings
- March Break Day camps
- Public programming and events
- All March Break Camps: All registered programs/camps next week are cancelled and full refunds processed.
- Udney and Longford Community Centres: Any booked events will be cancelled and a full refund will be issued.
- Council meetings will proceed as normal.
- The Municipal Office will remain open during regular office hours, and Town staff are ensuring increased sanitizing practices on all common touch points and public spaces.
- The Library is closed and and all programs and services offered to the public are cancelled until further notice.
- Bracebridge Memorial Arena and Bracebridge Sportsplex are closed and all programs and services offered to the public are cancelled until further notice.
- The Bracebridge Memorial Arena will remain open for a private facility rental for the remainder of the event.
- The Village Square in Vankoughnet is closed until further notice.
- The Visitor Information Centre is closed until further notice.
- Effective 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Tuesday March 17, 2020, the Municipal Office located at 1000 Taylor Court will be closed to walk-in customers.
As part of the Town of Gravenhurst’s ongoing response to COVID-19, all Town facilities will be closed to public access effective today at 4:30 PM (March 17 to April 5). This timeline will be evaluated on an ongoing basis to ensure the safety of the community and our staff. These closures now include:
• Gravenhurst Town Office, 3-5 Pinerdige Gate
• Gravenhurst Centennial Centre 101 Centennial Drive
• Gravenhurst Public Library, 180 Sharpe Street
• Gravenhurst Opera House, 295 Muskoka Road South
• All Gravenhurst Public Works Buildings
• Gravenhurst Cemetery Office, 124 Lofty Pine Dr.
• Gravenhurst Seniors Centre, 480 First St.N
- The Town of Gravenhurst has made the decision to cancel all remaining March Council and Committee meetings.
- All March Break children's programming at the Gravenhurst Public Library, Opera House and Centennial Centre have been cancelled.
- Additionally, the Gravenhurst Public Library will be closed effective immediately for a minimum of three weeks.
- All other Town facilities remain open currently for normal business operations, including the Graeme Murray Arena.
- The Gravenhurst YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka at the Centennial Centre will be closed until further notice.
Town Hall and all municipal facilities are closed to the public until April 6, 2020.
All Town recreation programs and events temporarily suspended until April 5, 2020, this includes but not limited to:
- Youth March Break Day Camp - CANCELLED
- Public Skating and Shinny - SUSPENDED
- Aquatics - SUSPENDED
- Registered Programs - SUSPENDED
- Deerhurst Resort has closed until April 10
- 55+ Healthy Active Living Expo March 27, 2020 - POSTPONED UNTIL FALL 2020
- Algonquin Theatre & Partners Hall shows suspended.
- The District of Muskoka has cancelled all regular Council and Committee meetings.
- District Chair John Klinck is entering the recommended self-isolation period after returning from a recent international trip.
- ONLY people who are visiting residents who are very ill or requiring end-of-life care are permitted to enter the Pines Long Term Care facility in Bracebridge.
- TGIF Community Meals suspended for 3 weeks.
- EarlyON Programming suspended for 3 weeks.
- WISE Mobile Active Living Centre Programming (Community Connect, Workshops, Intergenerational Mentorship Programs, Fitness Programs, Happy Day Living Fair) suspended for 3 weeks.
- All Huntsville Public Library programs and events temporarily suspended until April 5.
- 2020 Spring Freshet - POSTPONED
- All Town owned municipal facilities excluding Town Hall will be closed until April 5
- Town closures include all community halls, Canada Summit Centre, Active Living Centre, Algonquin Theatre Box Office, Huntsville Public Library, Club 55 and Muskoka Heritage Place.
- The Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Clinic will remain open
- All March Council and Committee meetings the week of March 23, 2020 will be cancelled with the exception of a Special Council meeting at 5pm on Tuesday March 17, 2020.
- Georgian College-All programs will be delivered through remote means, but college will remain open.
- Lakehead University is cancelling classes on Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 and will be delivering all of its courses using online or alternative modes of delivery.
- Simcoe County Museum: all March Break activities cancelled, but museum remains open.
- Blue Mountain Resort has suspended operations until further notice.
- Beaver Valley Ski Club is closed after member tested positive for COVID-19.
- Georgian Pride's 6th Annual Pride Week (March 23-26th) cancelled.
- MacLaren Art Centre is closed until April 5.
- Sainte-Marie among the Hurons and Discovery Harbour closed until April 5.
- Ontario Parks has cancelled all planned events and all visitor centres will be closed, but camping will still be available
- The Ontario Medical Association says all non-essential care and elective surgery will temporarily be put on hold.
- All personal visits to adult correctional facilities across the province have been suspended.
- Anglican church services across Ontario have been cancelled.
- Blue Mountain Resort, Craigleith Ski Club, Mount St. Louis Moonstone, Horseshoe Resort and Snow Valley are all shutting down early for the season.
- Casino Rama and Gateway Casinos Innisfil - and all Ontario casinos - are shutting down temporarily.
- Metrolinx is reducing GO Transit service in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, with new schedules expected to be posted online Sunday.
- MGM is closing all of its Las Vegas casinos on Tuesday. That means The Bellagio, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, New York New York, Excalibar and MGM Grand will close.
- Effective Immediately, all GoodLife and Fit4Less locations across Canada will be closing until further notice.
- All Cineplex & Landmark Cinema locations are closed.
- Ontario SPCA animal centres, provincial office and clinics will be closed to the public until further notice.
At this point, when in doubt about an event, please call ahead!
Public Health Agency of Canada
Risk level for Canadians, Current situation, Travel advisories
Ontario Ministry of Health
Ontario news, Status of cases in Ontario – updated at 10:30 a.m. daily
World Health Organization
Technical documents, Questions and answers
*You can always email any other closures/cancellations to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Barrie, Orillia, Muskoka)
email@example.com (Collingwood/Wasaga Beach)