Thursday, March 19, 2020
COVID-19 Closes Public Facilities And Programs In Grey Bruce
Grey Bruce |
Bayshore News Staff
List of services, programs and facilities closures/cancellations in region.
Many municipalities in Grey Bruce have taken steps to cancel programming, as well as close public facilities, such as arenas, pools and libraries, as precautions to limit the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Restaurant and bar dining rooms are to close. Takeout and delivery can be offered.
- All events or gatherings of over 50 people are not be permitted.
- All public libraries, schools, and daycares will remain closed.
- All theatres and concerts are to be closed or cancelled effective immediately.
- All public Ontario Parks buildings, such as visitor centres, will be closed as well.
- GBHS is taking steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and now will not permit visitors to its six area hospitals.
- Exceptions will be made for compassionate reasons, on a case-by-case basis for Women and Child Care Unit/Labor and Delivery and palliative care Critical Care.
- Visitor restrictions now in place at all South Bruce Grey Heath Centre sites.
- All non-essential visitors are being asked to refrain from visiting the hospital.
- Hanover and District Hospital is limiting and screening visitors. 1 visitor per patient.
- All non-essential and elective dental treatments are suspended for all dental offices in Ontario.
- The Owen Sound Family Health Team will conduct appointments by phone. Patients should not attend the clinic, but instead wait for a call from their doctor or nurse.
The Grey Bruce Health Unit is cancelling all clinical services until further notice. Clinics and services include:dental services in Owen Sound, Markdale, Walkerton and Wiarton
Sexual health clinics in Walkerton and Owen Sound
Immunization services in Owen Sound, Walkerton and Saugeen Shores.
All Needle Exchange and Naloxone services provided at Grey Bruce Health Unit site 101 17th Street East, Owen Sound, will remain open 8:30-4:30, Monday to Friday.
- Grey County Administration Building remains open during regular hours to assist those in crisis, but staff on site is limited.
- Grey County Council and Committee meetings are cancelled until April 8.
- Essential Grey County services will continue through building closures.
- March Break programming cancelled at Grey Roots Museum and Archives.
- All EarlyON Child and Family Centres programming is canclled until April 5.
- Provincial Offences open court is no longer operating and Court matters planned for between now and April 3rd will be adjourned or rescheduled.
- Grey Sauble Conservation Authority has closed its Administration Centre to the general public.
- The Grey Sauble March Break Camp will be cancelled effective at 5pm on Monday March 16th
- All Grey County buildings, including Grey Roots Museum and Archives, Ontario Works satellite offices, EarlyON Child and Family Centre and Ontario Works van services closed until further notice.
- 42 Grey and Simcoe Foresters Royal Canadian Army Cadets Corps are suspended until at least April 3.
- All City owned Park Playground Structures are closed.
- The Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre and Julie McArthur Regional Recreation is closed to all ice rentals, public skating and walking track users (Bayshore) until April 3.
- The YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatics Facility is closed as of 6 p.m. March 16th.
- The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce will close its Early Learning Centres and March Break Day Camp effective 6p.m. March 16th.
- The Bluewater Curling Club is closed for the season.
- The Owen Sound Farmers Market is closed.
- The Owen Sound & North Grey Union Public library is now closed until further notice.
- City Hall is now closed to the public until further notice.
- All city council and committee meetings are cancelled effective March 18.
- The Roxy Theatre in Owen Sound is closed indefinitely. All performances postponed until April 15, those planned after still scheduled to continue as planned.
- The Owen Sound Fire Department is staffed 24/7 but will is not open to visitors at this time
- Keystone Child and Family Services is closed to public access. Staff remain available to counsel. They are continuing to provide all services digitally or through telephone. They are also accepting new referrals by telephone.
- All Township facilities are closed to the public, including Township Administrative Offices in Springmount.
- Council and committee meetings are cancelled.
- Shallow Lake and District Community Centre including Shallow Lake Arena and Community Hall and Meeting Room, Derby Community Centre including Kilsyth Arena and Pioneer Hall and Kemble Arena are closed until April 3.
- All Township of Chatsworth recreation facilities are closed until further notice. This consists of all arenas, curling clubs, community halls, and town run facilities.
- All programming, both municipally run and third party rentals within these facilities are also cancelled.
- Further, the Municipal Office will be closed to the public.
- All council and committee meetings until further notice.
- 'Meaford Moves' Accessible Transit has been cancelled
- Meaford Hall events have been postponed and staff are working to reschedule events taking place between now and April 15.
- March break recreation, museum and public library are closed.
- The Municipal Administration Office and Council chambers are closed to the public.
- Council meetings are cancelled until April 14th.
- The Meaford and Area Job Fair scheduled for April 9 is cancelled.
- Bognor, Woodford and Riverside Halls are closed.
- All municipal facilities are closed until further notice (all arenas, community centres, halls, library branches and the municipal administration building)
- All recreational programming is suspended at this time.
- All council meetings and municipal events are cancelled.
- All Council and Committee meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
- Administration office in Markdale is closed until futher notice -- but staff are working and able to take calls and emails.
- All current Municipal facility rentals have been cancelled. Staff will be
- All Arenas, Facilities, and Halls are closed to the public.
- All Grey Highlands Public Library Branches (Markdale, Flesherton and Kimberley) have been closed to the public. All scheduled room bookings, events and programs have been cancelled until further notice.
- The South Grey Museum is closed to the public.
- Curbside garbage and blue box collection is continuing normally.
- The P & H Centre is closed until further notice and all registered and drop-in programs, and facility rentals are cancelled. All March Break camps, public skates, drop-in skating, third-party ice and facility rentals, aquatic centre programming and walking track are closed.
- All scheduled rentals and events at Hanover Community Theatre have been suspended.
- All scheduled rentals cancelled at Hanover Civic Centre.
- All schedule programming suspended at Hanover Public Libary and it will not be open to the public.
- Blue Mountain Resort is Closed.
- The Town of The Blue Mountains has suspended all recreational activities at the Beaver Valley Community Centre, Craigleith Small Hall and Ravenna Hall, effective immediately until at least March 23, 2020.
- The Monday, March 16, Community Communications Advisory Committee meeting and the Tuesday, March 17, Transportation Committee meeting will be postponed until a later date. All other Town Council and Committee of the Whole meetings will be proceeding as scheduled.
- The Southgate Public Library will be closed until March 21. All programs and room bookings will be cancelled.
- ALL County Office Buildings are closed to the public beginning Monday, March 16, until Sunday, April 5th. All County Council and Committee meetings scheduled during this time are cancelled
- Long-term care homes Brucelea Haven and Gateway Haven are not taking visitors, except for compassionate reasons.
- Programs offered at the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre, Bruce County Public Library Branches and the EarlyON Child and Family Centres will be cancelled until at least April 5.
- Recreational facilities including The Plex and Rotary Hall, Centennial Pool, Southampton Coliseum, Southampton Town Hall auditorium, Southampton Curling Club will close until further notice as of Saturday, March 14. All related programming at the facilities is cancelled, including March break programs, public swims and public skating.
- As of Wednesday the municipal office, public works facilities, Saugeen Shores Fire Department and Saugeen Shores Police Service buildings will be closed to the public until further notice.
The Southampton Landfill will remain open. No cash transactions will be permitted and debit tap will be the only accepted form of payment.
- All municipal facilities are now closed until April 5, at the earliest.
- Staff will be available by phone and email during normal business hours to ensure continuity of municipal business operations.
- The Waste Management Centre will be closed until April 5.
- Municipality of Kincardine has decided to take the precautionary measures of closing the Kincardine Davidson Centre and the Tiverton Sports Centre, effective March 15to April 5, 2020.
- Human Services Offices in Kincardine are also closed to the public.
- Upcoming March Break programs at the Davidson Centre and Tiverton Sports Centre are cancelled, including Mayhem Day Camp, public skating, shinny, march break swim. Kindergym program is cancelled until further notice.
South Bruce Peninsula
- Town Hall, Ross Whicher Centre, Wiarton Arena, Sauble Beach Community Centre and the two Fire Stations (operating, but closed to public) will close until further notice
- All rentals of town facilities are cancelled and future rentals will not be booked until further notice.
- Council meeting on March 17 will continue as planned but limited to three members of the public attending. Future council, committee and local board meetings beyond this are cancelled.
- The March Break Program planned and being hosted by South Bruce Peninsula and the Propeller Club next week is cancelled. Full refunds will be processed as soon as possible.
- Town run programs such as public skating, parents and tots skating, shinny hockey, Pickleball, badminton and karate will be cancelled until further notice.
- The Amabel Sauble School is closed.
- Brockton Child Care Centre being closed for all child care until at least April 6, 2020 due to its location at St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School.
- All municipal programming and skating has been cancelled until at least March 22, 2020 including recreation programs and all March Break Day Camps.
- Municipal facilities are still available for private bookings throughout March Break subject to confirmation by staff.
- All events booked through the Municipality of Brockton for the Walkerton Branch of the Bruce County Public Library have also been cancelled from until at least April 5, 2020.
- Brockton Parks and Recreation Office and Recreation Facilities/Community Centres are closed until April 5. Private bookings are postponed.
- The municipal office and all recreational facilities/community centres will be closed until April 5th.
- Regular hours continue at municipal landfill site.
- The Municipal Administration Office, Paisley Community Centre, Tara Community Centre, Chesley Community Centre, Arkwright Hall, Paisley Treasure Chest Museum, Chesley and Tara Firehall Rental Rooms and Public Works facilities will be closed from March 17 until April 6. At that time, the closure status will be reassessed.
- Arran and Chesley Landfills remain open
- All Municipal programs cancelled until further notice. The impacted municipal events are: Adult, Public, Parent and Tot Skating; Hockey Skills; Exercise Classes; Carpet Bowling; Walking; Arran-Elderslie Youth Forum (March 19, 2020).
Northern Bruce Peninsula
- Municipal facilities are now closed to the public, including Stokes Bay Community Centre, Friendship Club, Lion’s Head Rotary Hall, St. Edmunds Community Centre, Lion’s Head Community Centre and Arena, The Meeting Place and the municipal office.
- All recreational facilities (Mildmay Carrick, Teeswater Culross and Formosa Hall) are closed as of Saturday and facility rentals are cancelled. All March break programming, public skating, senior programs, pickle ball and rentals are cancelled.11 am CLOSED MON AM