In recognition of International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination on March 21, the County of Simcoe has once again proclaimed March as #ITSTARTS Month.
The annual campaign promotes inclusion, acceptance, and equity within the vibrant, diverse and growing communities that make up Simcoe County.
The social movement encourages Simcoe County residents to complete an #ITSTARTS card and share a photo or video through social media using the hashtag #ITSTARTS.
#ITSTARTS cards in English are available at local libraries.
Below are a list of activities to get involved in the #ITSTARTS campaign:
Share your message.
* Pictures and videos (no more than 30 seconds) on Twitter @simcoecounty, Facebook @CountyofSimcoe and Instagram using #ITSTARTS.
* Display the cards and make them visible.
* Perform acts of inclusivity (host a multicultural lunch, learn about different cultures, ask questions, read international authors).
* Educate yourself. Visit simcoe.ca/ITSTARTS for definitions and resources on how to take safe and purposeful action against racism and discrimination.
* Challenge friends, family members, colleagues, and community leaders to participate. There is strength in numbers! Follow the conversation on Twitter@simcoecounty and Facebook @CountyofSimcoe.
For more details on the campaign, please click here.