Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
News Centre

News Centre


Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Damage Pegged at $125,000 In Springwater Twp. Fire

Springwater Township | by Matt Sitler  

At 4:45 a.m.firefighters discovered a fire in the walls and attic of the single-family dwelling....

Damage is pegged at $125,000 after a fire on Old Second South this morning in Springwater Twp.

At 4:45 a.m.firefighters discovered a fire in the walls and attic of the single-family dwelling. 

A tanker shuttle was established and the flames were quickly brought under control.

The home had working smoke alarms and all seven occupants were able to exit safely.

The cause of the fire was electrical in nature.

“Space heaters and other heavy appliances should be plugged directly into an outlet. Always avoid overloading a circuit,” warned Deputy Fire Chief Jeff French. “If additional outlets are required, have them installed by a licensed electrician.”

 

share this story



Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2020 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc