Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
News Centre

News Centre


Thursday, June 20, 2019

Cargill Community Centre Grand Opening

Brockton | by Robyn Garvey  

Tonight’s celebration begins at 6 pm and runs till 8 pm.

It’s an evening of celebration in Cargill, as the community gathers to celebrate the grand opening of the Cargill Community Centre Entranceway.

The 805 thousand dollar renovation and expansion project involved tearing down the oldest section of the centre and rebuilding it to become a more accessible and energy efficient space.

The new addition includes an expanded accessible entranceway, a larger high tech media meeting room, a bigger cloak room and barrier-free washrooms to create a more accessible and energy efficient space to meet current and future needs of the community.

This project is a shared venture between the Cargill Community Centre Entranceway Fundraising Committee and the municipality of Brockton.

The Fundraising Committee has pledged to raise 60 percent of the total cost with Brockton covering the remaining 40 percent.

Brockton is financing the entire project up front and the Fundraising Committee will reimburse the municipality their contribution of 485 thousand dollars over the next few years.

Spokesperson Dave Barrett has no doubt this fundraising goal will be met, as they are already well over the half way mark of their fundraising goal.

Barrett says the Cargill and surrounding community is known for its generousity and willingness to support worthy projects such as this one.

Barrett adds a big thanks goes out to all of the volunteers who have helped make this happen, along with the generous support of the Cargill and surrounding communities.

Tonight’s celebration begins at 6 pm and runs till 8 pm.

share this story



Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2019 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc