Multiple fire trucks responded to a house fire in Owen Sound's west side Sunday evening.
A fire department official says emergency crews -- including firefighters, police and paramedics -- were called to the blaze around 7:30 p.m. at 3rd Avenue West and 2nd Street A West, just off of Beattie Street.
Three occupants in the house all escaped safely.
Dozens of bystanders stood and watched as firefighters used a pumper truck to douse flames erupting through the roof of the home.
The blaze was contained shortly after 8 p.m. Firefighters remained on scene until about 1 a.m.
A fire department official says the blaze started from a barbecue left briefly unattended that caught fire, sending flames climbing up the back of the house and into the roof structure.
There is no damage estimate at this time.