Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
News Centre

News Centre


Saturday, March 16, 2019

Cargill Community Centre Renovations Progress

Cargill | by Robyn Garvey  

Fundraising efforts continue to help finance project


The Cargill Community Centre renovation and expansion project is moving along nicely, 

Spokesperson Gail Lippert says the shovel hit the ground October 1st and the project is slated to wrap up by the end of March.

The 805 thousand dollar project is a shared venture between the Cargill Community Centre Fundraising Committee and the Municipality of Brockton.

Brockton will cover 40 percent of the cost and the Fundraising Committee will raise the remaining 60 percent. 

Brockton is financing the entire project up front and the fundraising committee will reimburse Brockton once their 485 thousand dollar fundraising goal has been met.

Work is well underway to reaching that 485 thousand dollar goal (60%).

Thanks to a recent ten thousand dollar donation from Leslie Ford Motors in Walkerton, the total dollars raised to date is 202 thousand dollars.

Lippert has no doubt that the community will continue to rally behind this worthy cause saying the Cargill Community Centre serves as the heart and hub of the community.

The renovation and expansion project involved tearing down the oldest section of the centre (meeting room, washrooms, food booth and storage area) and rebuilding it to become a more accessible and energy efficient space.

This includes a larger meeting room, bigger coat room, technology upgrades and accessible washrooms.
Lippert is pleased with how well the project is going, saying it is on schedule and on budget.

She says none of this could have been possible if it were not for the selfless volunteers who have been working so hard to ensure the project succeeds.

There are a number of upcoming fundraisers planned for the year including a Barn Dance Show and Dinner in April, a golf tournament in June a Passion for Fashion in November and a Ladies Social in December.
 

share this story



Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2019 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc