Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
News Centre

News Centre


Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Family Escapes Home After Hearing CO Alarm

Owen Sound | by Ken Hashizume  

Two were taken to hospital for precautionary reasons, CO levels registered 50 to 100 ppm.


A carbon monoxide alarm is being credited with helping an Owen Sound family escape safely.

The family called 9-1-1 after hearing the alarm go off around 7:30 Tuesday morning.

Owen Sound Fire and Emergency crews rushed to an east side home.

Four people were inside the home at the time, two were taken to hospital by ambulance for precautionary reasons.

Firefighters went inside to record carbon monoxide levels and it registered readings of 50 to 100 parts per million.

Crews from Union Gas and the Fire Department have determined that the cause of the carbon monoxide was from the home's furnace.

The house was immediately ventilated.

 

share this story



Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2019 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc