A 34 year old Melancthon man faces a number of charges after allegedly making threats in Grey Highlands.
Grey County OPP say they were called to a home on the 10th Concession at about 7 Friday evening (Feb 8th) to investigate a threats complaint.
While at the scene, police received a call reporting a man had been seen firing a gun at a mailbox and at road signs in the same area.
OPP identified the man who they say turned out to be the suspect in both events.
A 34-year old Melancthon man was arrested.
He remains in custody pending a video remand scheduled for February 13, 2019. He is facing multiple charges, including:
- Uttering Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Unlawfully in a Dwelling House
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (x2)
- Mischief Under $5000 (x2)
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Prohibited Device or Ammunition (x4)
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (x2)
Anyone with information is asked to call Grey County OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip at www.cstip.ca, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.