Christmas came early to some charitable and non-profit initiatives in Saugeen Shores recently, after receiving donations from Ontario Power Generation (OPG) through their Corporate Citizenship Program.
OPG's CCP focuses on small grass roots contributions in the primary focus areas of environment, education and community events, sports and cultural initiatives.
In 2018, Western Waste Management Facility's (WWMF’s) CCP provided support to more than 79 registered charitable and non-profit initiatives including Student Awards within Bruce County and 27 of these went to groups within Saugeen Shores.
On Friday, December 7th, nine cheques were to 7 independent organizations.
When added up this represents over $23,000 going towards great programs and organizations within Saugeen Shores.
1. Bruce County Museum and Cultural Center -- (Family Heritage Day - $800, Eco Explorers - $1,850, and the 2019 Summer Exhibit - $10,000)
2. Breakers Swim Team ($1,250)
3. SS Minor Hockey Girls Pee Wee House League ($250)
4. SS 2018 Christmas Parades ($1,300)
5. 2019 Pumpkinfest ($6,000)
6. Salvation Army Food Bank ($1,000)
7. Rotary Shore Run ($1,000)