The Huron Women's Shelter, Second Stage Housing and Counselling Services are appealing for donations.
Shelter officials are looking for a number of clothing, personal hygiene, household, and gift items for those utilizing their services.
You are asked to contact the shelter at 519 524 5333 ext 302 to set up a drop off time.
Items needed include:
- Pajamas for children, teens, and women (new or gently used)
- Underwear (small sizes for women) and socks for children, teens, and women
- Slippers for children, teens, and women
Warm clothing for all ages (new or gently used):
- Pants, shirts, sweaters
Winter gear for all ages (new or gently used):
- Warm jackets and coats, snow pants, hats, scarves, waterproof mittens and gloves, boots
- Shampoo (large bottles), conditioner (large bottles), body wash, and soap
- Hair brushes, hair elastics
- Tampons and pads
- Diapers and wipes
- Dishes, silverware, glasses, pots and pans, cooking utensils, can openers
- Dish towels
- Sheets, blankets, (microfleece blankets are warm and durable.) (Twin size beds)
- Pillows and cases
- Mixing bowls and tupperware
- Laundry soap (for all washer types) and dryer sheets
- Laundry baskets
- Toilet paper, paper towel and kleenex
- Dish soap, other cleaning supplies
- Small wastebaskets
Gift cards to local stores
- Wal-Mart, Food Basics, The Source, Canadian Tire, Mark's Work Warehouse, Dollarama, Gas Stations, Tim Horton’s, Giant Tiger.