1) Hanover is bursting at the seams and in need of more land for development. How would you address this challenge?
One option is north as there is a fair amount of land in Hanover north of the Saugeen River which can be used for residential or industrial. There are, however, several challenges there:
- 3 hydro lines will get in the way
- need to install water, sewage, & gas services north of the river
- need to acquire some land for the town’s business park phase 3
The other option is east. We’ll try to work nicely with West Grey to move our boundaries & put in a road, however if unsuccessful we’ll look at other available options.
While this is a priority, either option will take some time.
2) Many residents are expressing safety concerns regarding Hanover’s Trail System. Much of this concern stems from ‘Tent City’, (individuals living in tents in the forested area near the trails.) How should the Town address these safety concerns?
A long term solution is to work with mental health & welfare agencies to get these people into a place to live. In the meantime, it may become a question of enforcement & monitoring of the trail system.
3) Would you support allowing a cannabis retail operation to set up shop in Hanover?
Yes. It will be legal & we do hope to have a plant in town. Not logical to allow a factory but not a store.